Free Web Page Hosting
Blogs and Websites for free!
Free Web Page Hosting – How Much Does It Really Cost and How Can You Tell If It’s Right For You?
The short answer is: Maybe. Free web page hosting may be a great way to get started with your Web presence, especially if you are planning to develop a personal website.
Nearly all Internet Service Providers give you very limited free hosting when you sign up for an internet access plan. But it’s usually just enough for a page or two. There are even some web hosting companies who’ll give you a fairly complete free web site hosting package.
Quid Pro Quo
The give-back with free web page hosting is that you must accept online ads plastered all over your web site over which you’ll have no control. If you are hosting a personal web site and are not concerned about a bunch of unrelated or possibly offensive ads on your web pages, a free web site may be a good way to go.
However, if you plan to establish an online business presence you should simply forget about free web page hosting. The limited range of features, coupled with a barrage of ads unrelated to your business, will certainly be a turn-off for your visitors.
It’s Not 1995 Anymore
Most web surfers today are pretty savvy and can spot a free website at a glance and will not take your business seriously if your website doesn’t exude at least a basic degree of professionalism. You just can’t do that with a free web site.
It’s actually pretty easy to find paid, yet affordable, web hosting that will enable your online business to compete effectively against the big guys. That is, if you know the kind of web hosting solution that will suit your immediate and long term needs.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of free web page hosting versus a more comprehensive paid web hosting plan. Free Hosting – Pros
- Well, nothing is completely free. In the case of free web page hosting, it’s pretty close to being free except for having to put up with those pesky ads.
- Free web sites that come with your ISP’s internet access plan are generally easy to set up and modify using free, though limited, web site design tools provided.
- This is also true of the free hosting packages offered by some mainstream web hosting companies. They get some ad revenue. You get online for free.
- Free sites should cause no concerns if you are planning to build a web site that is essentially non-commercial in nature.
Free Hosting – Cons
- The main drawback with free web page hosting is that it obviuosly looks to your visitors like a non-commercial (read “unprofessional”) web site.
So if you are planning to transact any business online, whether product, software, or services sales, or affiliate and pay-per-click marketing. you simply must pay for your hosting.
Not To Worry
At Web-Host-Watch we report on a variety of free and low cost hosting solutions. Spend some time with our tutorials, tips, and recommendations to get the information you’ll need to select the best paid or free hosting plan that’s just right for you.
Anthony Hamill is the founder of Web-Host-Watch.Com [http://www.web-host-watch.com] which helps online business owners understand the basics of web hosting. There you’ll find affordable web hosting plans, tutorials, tips on avoiding common mistakes, a glossary of web hosting terms, and a web hosting review [http://www.web-host-watch.com/webhostingreview.html] that profiles the top hosts in each hosting category.
Although Free Web Page Hosting could be difficult, I have provided some simple information for you to read.
Free Web Page Hosting – Quick Info for Halfwits and Tightwads
Poor as a church mouse?
Got the technological know-how of a cow put out to pasture?
There is no reason why you –yes YOU– cannot have a classy fully functioning website up and running in as little as ten minutes.
If you’re just taking your first teetering baby steps towards hosting a website on the internet, there has never been a better time to take advantage of some fantastic free goodies. Despite it still not being wholly reliable, free web hosting has traveled leaps and bounds over the years. It is now more than ever an excellent way to get your feet wet in the world of web design without having to lay any cash on the barrel whatsoever.
Five years ago, free web page hosting was typically provided by services like Geocities which gave you a kind of bare-bones, ad-supported package with no PHP or MySQL support, no FTP accounts, no shopping cart scripts and certainly no means to host your own domain name. Oh yeah and did I mention the butt ugly banner ads?
Back then, the main attraction behind these kind of free web site hosting packages was a non-techie administration panel which provided you with easy site builder wizards, ready made guestbooks, and easy-install feedback forms and web counters. This was basically ‘free web hosting for dummies’. You didn’t have to know squat about hosting a website or even about web design for that matter. All you needed to sign up for a free site was a name and an email address and, presto, you were up and running.
Nowadays, free web page hosting can provide you with a wide array of bells and whistles that typically accompany packages provided by any affordable business web hosting service. This means that if you’re an advanced webmaster, you can now have free web hosting with PHP-MySQL support, FTP accounts, shopping cart scripts, domain name hosting, no ads (no kidding) and, most importantly, script installers like Fantastico or Elefante.
The latter is where it’s really at if you’re not an advanced webmaster and/or you have no web design skills. Using a script installer, you can have a classy WordPress blog up and running in a matter of minutes. And you won’t have to know the first thing about HTML, CSS, PHP or any other nerdlinger web coding language that could potentially take you up to six light years to master (actually HTML isn’t all that hard, but I digress…)
By the way, there is a plethora of free easy-to-install WordPress templates at your disposal. Many of them are really quite beautiful and are suitable to front all kinds of web site ideas.
And of course, if you really want to go all out, you could actually register yourself a domain name (less than $10 a year). Then you can have your domain name hosted by a free web host and launch your classy WordPress blog and NO ONE WILL KNOW you did it all on the cheap because you won’t have one of those free host subdomain URLs or any cheesy banner ads blowing your cover.
So… There go all your excuses.
It’s not rocket science.
It won’t cost you an arm and a leg (won’t cost you anything if you use a subdomain).
It won’t look like crap because you’re not a web designer.
So what are you waiting for?
Robert Darrell has been designing and launching websites and web applications since 2001. Among other things, he currently writes tutorials covering all aspects of hosting a website including Best Free Web Hosting and What is a Web Host?
I have provided a couple more ideas for you to read.
5 Web Hosting Tricks for Beginners
If you are new to the internet, there are many essential things you must know especially if your desire is to make money. Understanding web hosting tricks is very vital in order to be ahead of competitors in today’s world. Master these five tricks and see yourself on the top.
1. Get a domain name: The smart way to begin an online venture is to register a domain name. However, in choosing a name, you must make sure that your keyword is included. This will give it an edge in promotion and with search engines. If you want to get smarter, you can look out for hosting companies with free domain names in their packages. This way, you would be killing two birds with one stone.
2. Look for a reputable hosting company: As soon as the domain name is ready, the next step is to host the site. In order to choose the right web host, you should carry out an adequate investigation. There are many hosts around and they have different plans. By carefully investigating these providers, you would be better guided in choosing the one that will meet your requirements.
3. Get a good design for your site: If you are familiar with basic web design languages like HTML, PHP, CSS, etc., you can design your website by yourself. But if not, you can hire an expert to do the job for you. In fact, there are lots of freelancers out there who can do a good job for you at a cheaper rate. Your web design must be splendid or else your visitors won’t appreciate it. You don’t have a second chance to create a positive first impression and it is your design that you will use to achieve this.
4. Create good contents for your site: The only thing that can turn your site visitors to customers is its contents. Hence, you should spend a lot of time to create great contents for your site. Your contents must be unique, original, informative, keyword-rich but not keyword-stuffed, etc. Carry out a lot of research before writing, so that you can come up with rich contents. If you want search engines to rank your site very well, pay attention to quality copy writing.
5. Promote your site: In order to attract visitors to your site, you must promote it. There are several ways to promote a website; you can promote it through search engine marketing, pay-per-view advertising, pay-per-click advertising, social networking, email marketing, banner advertising and so on. In fact, there are web hosting companies that offer free pay-per-click advertising on reputable search engines in their packages. If you can find one of the companies offering such packages, you are definitely going to put your website on a sound footing.
Visit a reputable web hosting company for various hosting plans.
Olushola Otenaike is a web hosting expert. He owns a web hosting company that has been providing up-time guaranteed hosting services to individuals and corporations all over the world. You can also visit his blog for more information.
Here is a hosting site that you might like to visit Free Web Page Host
Thank you for taking your time and stopping by Free Web Page Hosting.
More about web hosting
Copyright 2013 Free Web Page Hosting